Why should we use STOPit?
Why should we use STOPit?title
Our hope with this program is to allow a safe place for students to anonymously share their concerns of social and mental well being. We want students to use this when they need help and aren't ready or comfortable to do it in person. Students using this app should take their reporting seriously. It can be used to vent frustrations, to support a person in need or to communicate concerns with things happening in the classroom or on campus. Regardless of the reason, students should know that the person responding is doing so with the best interest of those involved.
How does the STOPit work?
How does the STOPit work?title
1. Students log in using an App or through the STOPit website.
2. They enter a passcode that is determined by the school site (contact your school office for this code or see school posters)
3. Following prompts on their screen, students can submit a report. They will be prompted with a few clarifying questions and then will type their report.
4. Students can also update images and videos as supporting evidence.
5. Once they submit the report, administration (Principal or assigned staff will be prompted through email).
How do we know if something should be reported to STOPit or to the school directly?
How do we know if something should be reported to STOPit or to the school directly?title
This is a personal choice. If you are concerned about a students well being it is recommended that you contact a staff member directly for the quickest service. Anonimity can be protected even when reporting something directly to a staff member at the school. If your concern is not an emergancy, the STOPit App is a good resource to seek help or to bring awareness to a topic.